Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chop! Chop!

Hi again*

The other day I happened to be in a store and I took notice of something that bothered me. I saw another young woman with terrible split ends. I'm not talking about just minor splitting which causes uneven ends. I am speaking of tattered, see through, ends. Why is it that we love to hold onto ragged ends as if they are an actual legitimate display of length? I feel that, no matter how long your hair is, if it is split up to a third to a half of the length of your hair its pointless and its time for a BC (big chop). It's like we have now surpassed the trimming time and you need a cut. If you trim regularly you won't need a BC. I know at times our hair stylists can become a bit scissor happy so we don't trim because we're scared they might lose their minds but, it's necessary to trim your hair even if you have to learn to trim it yourself. I recommend you trim your hair as often as you relax it. If you don't relax your hair then I would say every 3 months or so. If you don't have a good pair of hair cutting scissors check these out. Contrast, size: 5.75 $69.00 www.luckyhareshears.com
Remember, if you are trying to grow your hair don't let your stylist convince you that you need to take off more than necessary just so she can achieve the style she wants to execute. Trim only the SPLIT ENDS. Here's a link to a video on hair trimming for your viewing pleasure, enjoy

Video clip: Trimming hair


XoXo
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment